Repatriations from a Foreign Country to Ireland & Northern Ireland
When someone dies outside of Ireland and Northern Ireland, insurance companies will often appoint a repatriation specialist to act on their behalf to handle the repatriation arrangements. However, what happens if the deceased doesn’t have insurance cover?
A.I.R.S has many years’ experience in arranging repatriations into Ireland North and South from countries across the world. We will handle every aspect of the repatriation and arrange the transfer of the deceased to your nominated funeral director. Alternatively, as an independent funeral service we can also carry out the funeral services in Ireland.
Services we are able to provide in the arrangement of an incoming international repatriation:
- We are able to arrange repatriation from any country across the globe.
- Working with our international partner funeral homes and mortuaries, we are able to arrange for the collection and preparation of the deceased, and provision of a suitable coffin or casket, prior to transportation back to the Island of Ireland North & South
- Collection of the deceased at any airport or seaport in Ireland, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Unsealing of the zinc-lined transportation coffin if required, and provision of an extensive selection of coffins or caskets suitable for funeral services in Ireland.
- Reception and safe-keeping of the deceased at your chosen funeral home, with any additional preparation and embalming procedures being undertaken as required.
- Arranging the Provision of funeral home facilities and staff necessary for arrangement of the funeral service and for visitation of the deceased.
- Arranging the Undertaking of funeral services, involving church services if required, followed by burial or cremation at any location in Ireland or Northern Ireland. This includes provision of necessary staff and funeral vehicles.
- Attendance at the relevant embassies, consulates and government offices to obtain the relevant permits and authorities for the purposes of repatriation.
- Booking and confirmation of flights from any destination worldwide.
- Translation of official documents